Originally built in 1922 as one of Redding’s first primary schools and subsequently placed on the National Register of Historic Places, this Mediterranean Revival building’s 1970’s conversion to a commercial shopping plaza had fallen on somewhat hard times when it was purchased by a local businessman in the early 1990’s. Trilogy was hired to look for ways the building’s design could be made more relevant as a mixed use business center. As part of our scope, we designed two new restaurants, as well as a new, more user friendly entry plaza. The once empty parking lot is now full most days as the now fully occupied building enjoys a renaissance in the 21s century.
Photos ©2015 Ramsay Photography